See also our COPYRIGHT POLICY
We do not claim any right of ownership in any manuscripts, comments, reviews, files, images, photos, or any other material (“content”) that you post on WordCrakers. After posting your content you will continue to retain all your intellectual property ownership rights and continue to have the right to use your work in any way you choose.
However, by posting content on WordCrakers you hereby grant to us a license, to edit, modify, delete, use, publicly display, reproduce and distribute such content on this site, related sites online, and other promotional channels . This license is for at least 2 years, up to 5 years for stories submitted for a site contest, and in perpetuity for winners of our contests. The license you grant us is:
1. non-exclusive, which means you are free to license your work to any one else,
2. fully paid up and royalty free, which means you will not be paid by WordCrakers or anyone else for the use of your work on this site,
3. sub-licensable for the purposes of enabling us to host and maintain the site via third parties, and also to promote and market the site via other paper and electronic channels – this includes Radio, TV, Newspapers/Magazines and Websites.
4. This license does not grant us the right to sell your work, and we will make an effort to inform you if your work will be distributed in any way.
Also, you are solely responsible for the content posted by you and all other material you transmit to us or other members. You represent and warrant that:
1. you own the content posted by you or you have the right to post it on this site
2. the content does not infringe the privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person
3. the content does not breach any right of confidence
4. the content is not libellous or obscene
5. the content is not in breach of any law or other similar legalisation or otherwise unlawful
6. that if followed, instructions included in the content will not cause any harm to any person
WordCrakers reserves the right to delete all unsuitable content without prior notice.
Conduct on Site
WordCrakers encourages full participation by its members in the form of comment and dialogue in the appropriate sections.
However, the following conduct is prohibited:
1. Posting content or comments on the site that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
2. Impersonating a person or entity, including, but not limited to the Admin or a member of the board, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity;
3. Uploading, posting, or otherwise making available on the site any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
4. Uploading, posting, or otherwise making available on the site any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except where express approval has been obtained from the Admin;
5. Disrupting normal flow of dialogue or otherwise acting in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges.
We work hard to ensure that WordCrakers is available as often as possible. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed and accordingly WordCrakers is provided on an “as is” basis. Access to the site may be restricted from time to time to allow for repairs, maintenance, and updates. We reserve the right to take down the site at any time.
You agree to indemnify us and our affiliates against any loss, damage or expense we suffer or incur as a result of you being breach of any of the above warranties. This means that you will be responsible for the loss or damage we suffer as a result of you being in breach of your warranties to us.
Our Right to Remove Content
At any time we may delete content that is offensive, infringes the rights of any third party, threatens the safety of another person, or is otherwise unlawful. We will not be required to give you any reason for removing stories, comments, photos, or other material.
Exclusion of Liability
We assume no responsibility for monitoring the site for amongst other things inappropriate or unlawful content, including but not limited to defamatory content. We do not endorse or assume any liability for or any damage you may suffer as a result of any such content, nor do we make any representation or give any warranty express or implied as to the accuracy or lawfulness of the content herein. Due to the volume of content and the community nature of this site, content is not reviewed by us prior to it being posted by users.